Ro thinks. Golu Rolls. And I wonder in awe that i mugged with them.: 'alternate'ly

Saturday, March 26, 2005

'alternate'ly

Was listening to Radiohead just now - Knives Out. Some voice this chap has. So to say, I somehow find a feature common to all alternate/grunge rock bands and vocalists - a certain pain in the voice. It just takes you for a wild trip through scenes - possibly irrelevant to you - of angst, despair, loneliness, estrangement... anything possibly capable of delivering an emotional blow to the human mind (heart?). In fact, I would say this whole setup of alternate rock, popularly grunge, is called so cos they have some underlying grudge - I dont know how to put this appropriately and thats just my theory:).
I can't pick out songs right now to describe what I intend to say 'cos the list is just way too long. But nonetheless I'll mention some forerunners of this art-
1. Black - Pearl Jam
2. Even Flow - Pearl Jam
3. Sour Girl - Stone Temple Pilots
4. High and Dry - Radiohead
5. Nutshell - Alice In chains
Well, Slipknot's on right now. Time for some crash-bam adrenaline rush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home